Vision and mission of a study program are the guides which direct the study program to run its agenda. They are the reference points to which all the academic members of this study program and the academic staff follow in performing the functions of education, research, community service, and administration.
Vision and mission of a study program are formulated by referring to the vision and mission of the institution that overarches it. In this context, the institutions are the university and the faculty. Feedback from the academic staff to the alumni and graduates has become a reference in formulating the vision and mission.
The established vision and mission ought to be disseminated to the whole of academic members, academic staff, and society at large. This is done so that the vision and mission of this study program are internalized by all parties of interest and become the guiding points to perform many tasks and functions.
The vision is to make Master in Medical Education Program, run by the Faculty of Medicine Universitas Indonesia, reputable in Indonesia in 2021, producing graduates who are competent in the field of medical education.
Based on the vision above, this study program sets four missions as follow:
- Administering and developing higher education in the field of medical education for the academic staff from all over Indonesia by following updates in the medical education field – both locally and overseas – and receiving support in research development in education.
- Producing graduates from Master in Medical Education Program who are able to plan, execute, and evaluate education programs for doctors and specialists in their own respective institution.
- Producing graduates from Master in Medical Education Program who are able to identify problems – regarding education programs for doctors and specialists of an institution – and formulate the solution.
- Establishing a collaborative network with local and global experts and institutions in carrying out the education in Master of Medical Education.
Based on the vision and missions above, the goals of this study program include
- The administration of higher education in the field of medical education, that is in line with the development of knowledge in medical education, both locally and globally.
- The organization of research in medical education that is of high quality and results in publication, innovation, patents, and other related products.
- The deliverance of community service in medical education field based on the needs of the society.
- The establishment of a collaborative network with local and global experts in medical education in the area of education, research, and community service.
- The production of graduates from Master in Medical Education who are competent and ready to work.
TARGET AND STRATEGY
To achieve the vision, missions and goals of this study program, several targets must be formulated, along with the strategy to attain them. The targets and the strategy are set annually, so what has become the vision of this study program can be achieved by meeting these targets.
Registration – www.penerimaan.ui.ac.id
Download brochure – brochure for Master in Medical Education program
For further information kindly contact:
Secretariat of Master in Medical Education Program
Jl. Salemba Raya No. 6, Jakarta Pusat 10430
Phone/fax: +62 21 3901814