Medicine has been swiftly developed nowadays. This development has to be balanced with the growth in amount of people who hold doctoral (PhD) degree in the respective fields. This is imperative as to guarantee development of science.
Producing doctors in various fields is an important contribution of Faculty of Medicine Universitas Indonesia. Doctoral program in FKUI has extended chances to the students to deepen understanding in medicine, nutrition or biomedical science. This program aims to produce graduates that possess scientific integrity, knowledge, and basic science knowledge and developmental approaches that suitable to the respective fields.
In order to enroll to this doctoral program, applicant has to possess Specialist-1 or Master Degree in Medicine for the intended field. The length of study for this program is 4-10 semester with 49-52 credits (SKS). Admission is exercised in both semester of the year.
- To possess scientific integrity.
- To be open minded and responsive to the development of science, technology and art, as well as problems in the community
- To possess knowledge and basic science skill and technical skill that required to adapt and create new methodology in order to do research according to the appropriate scientific principles.
- To master theoretical, conceptual and paradigm approach that suitable for the field of expertise
- To be close to problems and works as well as contemporary thoughts from the experts in the fields
- To be able to apply knowledge and skill in the field of expertise to find solution to the complex problems, yielding a good product or innovative review in the field of expertise through research, scientific synthesis and cross-disciplinary approaches.
- Able to communicate the fruit of thought and work as well as distribute the knowledge to others, be it colleagues or public in large.
List of Subjects
- Philosophy of Science 2 credits
- Research Methodology 1
- Research Methodology 2
- Statistic 1
- Statistic 2
- Specialization/Subject of Academic Investigation and Interaction
- Seminar of Research Proposal
- Dissertation Research
- Seminar of Research Result
- Pre-promotional Dissertation
- Promotional Dissertation
- Graduates of Specialist-1 or Master Degree in Medicine
- Completed application form of Universitas Indonesia that can be downloaded through website www.penerimaan.ui.ac.id
- Payment of application fee
For further information, please contact:
Secretariat of FKUI Doctoral Program
Jl. Salemba Raya No. 6 Jakarta Pusat
Tel : 021-31930373
Fax : 021-3157288