Program Study of Sports Medicine FKUI (PS IKO FKUI) is an education institution that is responsible to train candidates for Specialist in Sports Medicine. This program is intended to contribute to the health, fitness, performance and productivity of work through the application of knowledge and technology. This program was established since 1990 and up to 2010 this program has produced 63 Specialist in sports medicine.
Program Study of Sports Medicine is directed to produce graduates that have competency in academic and professional setting of sports physician. In the academic setting, graduates are expected to develop science and technology of sports medicine by mastering scientific method and principle as well as its application. As in professional setting, graduates are expected to able to develop professional works through sharp analysis of the problem and utilizing the expertise with full responsibility.
1. Able to communicate effectively to various stakeholders in the sports
2. Able to develop collaboration and partnership with various professional institutions in order to anticipate and solve health problems
3. Able to integratedly apply molecular biology, sports science, clinical science, behavioural science and epidemiology in the sports medicine practices
4. Able to conduct either independent or team research as an effort to develop sports medicine
5. Able to execute reflection and self-development that is suitable with the development of sports medicine
6. Conducting clinical practice in sports medicine which lies on updated medical science that has been proven with scientific method
7. Optimally utilizing various information in analysing various aspects of sports medicine
Strategy and teaching methods
Competency based curriculum with integrated and student-centered approaches, using various methods with clear objectives, steps and available facilities.
1. Interactive lecture
3. Laboratory works
4. Field works
5. Clinical study experience
7. Individual conselling
Evaluation System and Grading of Learning Results
The achievement of training objectives is graded using logbook that include activities, experience, as well as knowledge acquired by the students.
Along the learning process, grading is done based on competency on each stage of training. At the end of the study program, a professional competency examination is conducted in which external examiners are invited.
Evaluation system is described below:
Daily formative evaluation is conducted by all lecturers as well as peer assessment, especially in terms of behaviour and professional skill. The evaluation is discussed in the routine meeting of lecturers that are conducted once a week.
Weekly formative evaluation as progress report of students which emphesize on developing of knowledge and professional skills.
Learning evaluations are done through formative and summative tests using the appropriate evaluation instrumentation which highlight the integrated evaluation of cognitive, psychomotor and affective domain.
Exercise Clinic FKUI is the manifestation of medical service from program study of sports medicine FKUI. This clinic was established by the aid of facilities from the Ministry of Youth and Sports Republic of Indonesia, alumni of Sports Medicine Program FKUI, and other contributors.
The clinic was officialy opened on 23 February 2007 as an integrated ceremony of 57th anniversary of Universitas Indonesia that adopt a theme of “Untukmu Indonesia”. Opening ceremony is honoured by the presence of Bapak Adhyaksa Dault as the Minister of Sports and Youth, as well as witnessed by Rector of UI and Dean of FKUI.
In giving service in sports medicine, Exercise Clinic engage evidence based medicine in giving specialist medicine service. The sports medicine service in Exercise clinic is aimed to improve the degree of health and fitness for athletes as well as public in large.
As a physical training clinic, Exercise clinic has exclusive service by the specialist in sports medicine and tailored physical exercise program that is suitable for each client or patient.
Physical exercise program is tailored after careful examination of health and fitness status of the patient. In every exercise session, patient or client is always assisted by a sports medicine specialist. Through this clinic, people with certain health problems can undertake physical exercise so that their health problems can be controlled. This has been proven through various research projects therefore the concept of “exercise is medicine” is developed.Generally, the benefit expected from this clinic is to apply physical exercise as an important part of active lifestyle to improve the health and fitness status which at the end will increase productivity, performance and quality of patients’ life.
Clinical services include:
• Counselling of individual and group physical exercise (adult and child)
• Assessment of health and fitness status
• Tailoring of physical exercise for healthy individual
• Tailoring of physical exercise for non-infectious disease including obesity, hypertension, diabetes mellitus type 2, coronary heart disease, blood lipid profile disturbances, osteoporosis/osteoarthirits, etc,
• Management of effect of physical exercise
1. Ade DL.Tobing, dr, SpKO
2. Hario Tilarso Yahya, dr, SpKO
3. Johansyah Lubis, dr, MPd
4. Jull Kurniarobbi, dr, SpKO
5. Nani Cahyani, dr, SpKO
6. Nawanto Agung Prastowo, SpKO
7. Nora Sutarina, dr, SpKO
8. Rachmad Wishnu, dr, SpKO
9. Rusbandi Sarpini, dr, SpKO
10. Rachmad Wishnu, dr, SpKO
11. Sudarsono, dr, SpKO
12. Surastuti Nurdadi, Dra, M. Psi
13. Tanya T.Rotikan, dr, SpKO
For further information, please contact:
Program Study of Sports Medicine
Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Indonesia
Jl. Salemba Raya No. 6, Jakarta Pusat 10430
Tel / Fax : +62 – 21 – 3156978
Email : email@example.com