Department of Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine FKUI and Persahabatan Hospital itself are like two sides of a coin, yet they form a single entity. Dianiati Kusumo Sutoyo, Pulmonologist, MD currently leads the department, taking over the chairmanship from Priyanti ZS, Pulmonologist. MD.
Becoming a leading center of international standard in respiratory medicine education, research, and medical service by 2014 is our department’s vision. In order to achieve our vision, Department of Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine FKUI is striving to produce doctors, specialists and other health care workers internationally competent in the art, science, and technology of respiratory medicine.
Research development in international quality that s beneficial for both the community and the development of medical science and technology has been one of our program. In addition, Department of Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine serves as a national center of respiratory medicine that acts in prevention and treatment of respiratory disease. To be able to compete in the era of globalization, our department also builds partnership with local, regional, and international institution.
Department of Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine FKUI – Persahabatan Hospital has six divisions :
1. Division of Infection
2. Division of Thoracic Oncology
3. Division of Asthma and COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
4. Division of Interventional Pulmonology and Respiratory Emergency
5. Division of Occupational and Environmental Pulmonology
6. Division of Clinical Immunology
We strive to provide the best diagnostic and therapeutical services in interventional pulmonology. A wide selection of staffs from our Division of Interventional Pulmonology and Respiratory Emergency who also serve as lecturers in Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Indonesia is available at your service.
Lung and Mediastinal Tumor:
1. Diagnostic bronchoscopy
2. Autofluorescence Bronchoscopy
3. Transbronchial Lung Biopsy (TBLB)
4. Transbronchial Needle Aspiration Biopsy (TBNA)
5. Bronchoalveolar Lavage (BAL)
6. Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) – TBLB
7. Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) – TBNA
9. Transthoracal Needle Aspiration Biopsy (TTNA)
10. Fine Needle Biopsy
1. Extraction of foreign bodies from respiratory tract
2. Cessation of Hemoptysis: Pulmonary Segment Balloon Catheter Bronkoskopi Terapi Batuk Darah: Kateter Balon pada Segmen Paru
3. Removal of respiratory tract obstruction due to tumor: Electrocautery Bronchoscopy and Tracheobronchial Stenting
4. Bronchial Toilet
5. Neonatal and Pediatric Bronchoscopy
6. Bronchoscopic Lung Volume Reduction: Endobronchial Valve with Pulmonal X
Bronchoscopy is a laparoscopic procedure to visualize the respiratory tract in order to detect respiratory tract abnormalities. This procedure is reserved for patients presented with chronic cough without any known abnormalities in any of chest X-Ray, bloody or rescurrent cough, shortness of breath and stridor, or foreign body obstruction.
Autofluorescent bronchoscopy is available to detect abnormalities that common bronchoscopy fail to detect. This state-of-the-art technology enables pulmonary abnormalities diagnosis at earlier stage.
Meanwhile, Transthoracal Needle Aspiration Biopsy (TTNA) and Transbroncial Lung Biopsy (TBLB) are the best modality to detect pulmonary abnormalities located at or in the proximity of chest wall. TTNA requires an invasive procedure under the guidance of CT scan to obtain lung tissue sample using a fine needle that penetrates chest wall, whereas TBLB is commonly done through small bronchoscopy under the guidance of fluoroscope under general anesthesia.
Trasnbronchial Needle Aspiration Biopsy remains best to obtain lung tissue sample for a tumor located in the area of bronchus. Aspiration of the lung tissue is done by fine needle penetrating the respiratory tract.
Both TBLB and TBNA can be enhanced by Endobornchial Ultrasound (EBUS). EBUS allows imaging of organs surrounding the respiratory tract, thus increasing the accuracy and safety of TBLB and TBNA.
Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy (FNAB) that uses fine needle 25 G in size, is commonly done to diagnose a lump in the neck region.
Pleuroscopy is the modality of choice to visualize pleural abnormalities. In the suspicion of malignancy, pleuroscopy also allows extraction of tissue sample to be further examined by an Anatomic Pathologist for definitive diagnosis.
Division of Interventional Pulmonology and Respiratory Emergency faces a wide range of cases in the clinical setting. Among which cessation of hemoptysis, extraction of foreign bodies from respiratory tractm bronchial toilet, and management of respiratory tract obstruction are the most common procedures encountered. Extraction of sewing needle and nuts are reported as the most common extractions done by staffs in our division.
- Achmad Hudoyo, Pulmonologist, MD
- Agus Dwi Susanto, Pulmonologist, MD
- Anwar Jusuf, Prof, Pulmonologist consultant, MD
- Boedi Swidarmoko, Pulmonologist consultant, MD
- Budhi Antariksa, Pulmonologist consultant, MD, PhD
- Dianiati Kusumo Sutoyo, Pulmonologist consultant, MD
- Dicky Soehardiman, Pulmonologist, MD
- Elisna Syahruddin, Pulmonologist consultant, MD, PhD
- Erlina Burhan, Pulmonologist consultant, MD, Dr., MSc
- Fachrial Harahap, Pulmonologist consultant, MD
- Faisal Yunus, Pulmonologist consultant, Prof, MD, PhD
- Fathiyah Isbaniah, Pulmonologist, MD, M.Pd.Ked
- Feni Fitriani, Pulmonologist consultant, MD
- Hadiarto Mangunnegoro, Pulmonologist consultant, Prof, MD
- Heidy Agustin, Pulmonologist, MD
- Jamal Zaini, Pulmonologist, MD, PhD
- Menaldi Rasmin, Pulmonologist consultant, Prof, MD
- M. Arifin Nawas, Pulmonologist consultant, MD, MARS
- M. Fahmi Alatas, Pulmonologist, MD
- Mukhtar Ikhsan, Pulmonologist consultant, MD, MARS
- Nirwan Arief, Pulmonologist consultant, Prof, MD
- Prasenohadi , Pulmonologist consultant, MD, PhD
- Rita Rogayah, Pulmonologist consultant, MD
- RR Diah Handayani, Pulmonologist, MD
- Sardikin Giriputro, Pulmonologist consultant, MD
- Sita Laksmi Andarini, Pulmonologist, MD, PhD
- Tjandra Yoga Aditama, Pulmonologist consultant, Prof, MD
- Triya Damayanti, Pulmonologist consultant, MD, PhD
- Wahyu Aniwidyaningsih, Pulmonologist consultant, Dr., MD
- Wiwien Heru Wiyono, Pulmonologist consultant, Prof, MD, PhD
For further information, please contact:
Department of Pumonology and Respiratory Medicine
Faculty of Medicine Universitas Indonesia
Jl. Persahabatan Raya no.1, Rawamangun, Jakarta Timur 13230
Phone : +62 21 489 3536
Fax : +62 21 4890744
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org