Postgraduate Dermatology and Venereology Specialist Education and Training Program, Faculty of Medicine Universitas Indonesia (FMUI) have a responsibility to prepare a medical doctor with competencies required to practice as a Dermatologist and Venereologist within Indonesia premises.
Aligned with the vision of FMUI and The National Reference Hospital of Indonesia dr Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital (RSCM) as the primary academic hospital, our vision is:
“Creating Infinite Experience (to provide exceptional quality of experience) for All in the Field of Dermatology and Venereology through Academic Health System.”
This vision applies in the year of 2015-2019.
Our missions are as follows:
- Conducting a postgraduate medical education and training in the field of dermatology and venereology using the research-based and international standard to improve the health service quality.
- Creating a conducive academic atmosphere to support high-quality research for a continuous development of science and technology, and improvement of health services in the field of dermatology and venereology.
- Fostering partnerships with the RSCM and other affiliated teaching hospitals departments of dermatology and venereology in order to support an establishment of the Academic Health System in providing education, training, and health services.
- Active involvement in the national policy-making regarding to postgraduate education and training, and health services of dermatology and venereology.
By carrying out the four missions mentioned above, our Study Program aims to:
- Produce graduates of professional doctors in dermatology and venereology who are able to update and apply evidence-based medicine approach and to have self-development skills throughout their professional life.
- Establishing staffs with excellent comprehensive competence, integrative and interdisciplinary approach skills, both in the health services and research to support the Academic Health System.
- Generate integration of research in health services and medical education, both operational and translational research in the university hospital networks to support the Academic Health System.
- Provide advocacy tothe Dermatology and Venereology Associations and participate in guarding the quality of competence and professionalism of the graduates.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
The envisaged duration of the education and training is seven semesters. The program includes a mandatory final specialist thesis. In the last semester, students are required to take the national board examination held by the Indonesian College of Dermatology and Venereology in order to obtain a certificate of competence (accredited dermatologist and venereologist) in addition to obtaining a specialist diploma from the University.
Clinical practice training is conducted in RSCM as the main academic hospital and other academic network hospitals based on the Academic Health System adopted by FMUI, namely Dharmais National Cancer Hospital, Fatmawati Hospital, Harapan Kita Women and Children’s Hospital, Tarakan Hospital, and Tangerang Hospital.
MANDATORY EDUCATION AND TRAINING MODULES
The Basic Module of Dermatology and Venereology is carried out in General Dermatology and Venereology Clinic of RSCM, Fatmawati Hospital, and Tarakan Hospital.
Following the basic module, students are required to complete eight Dermatology and Venereology Specific Modules. Unless otherwise stated, these modules are taken place in RSCM. These modules areas follow (not necessarily in this order):
1. Tropical Skin Infection (In RSCM and Tangerang Hospital)
2. Pediatric Dermatology (In RSCM and Harapan Kita Women and Children’s Hospital)
3. Cosmetic Dermatology
4. Sexually Transmitted Infections
6. Geriatric Dermatology
7. Tumor & Skin Surgery (In RSCM and Dharmais National Cancer Hospital)
At the end of the education and training program, students are required to meet the National Standards of Competencies for Dermatologist and Venereologist.
In addition to the national required standards, our students are provided with training and clinical experiences for additional competencies to practice as dermatologists and venereologists. These additional competencies are: clinical experience with phototherapy and the use of light-based instruments for various indications; dermatopathology; module of geriatric skin (Geriatric Dermatology), module of pediatric skin (Pediatric Dermatology), Mohs micrograph surgery, and dermoscopy examination.
A total of 24 distinguished expert academic staffs work as fulltime teachers/instructors at RSCM. In addition to these numbers, there are academic staffs work as non-fulltimeteachers/instructors in the affiliated academic hospitals.
For futher information, please contact:
Departemen Ilmu Kesehatan Kulit dan Kelamin
Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Indonesia
RSUPN Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo
Gedung G5, Jl. Diponegoro No. 71, Jakarta Pusat 10430
Telepon. +62 21 31935383